Saudi Grand Mufti
(the guy wearing a red checkered table cloth)
Has he been smoking that funny stuff again?
Saudi Arabia’s highest religious authority, Grand Mufti Abdulaziz Al-Asheikh, scoffs at the Islamic State's recent threat to Israel.
Thu, December 31, 2015
In an interview with the Saudi Gazette, Aziz spoke of the recent audio recording released by the terror group threatening Israel and the Jews.
In an interview with the Saudi Gazette, Aziz spoke of the recent audio recording released by the terror group threatening Israel and the Jews:
- “If the Saudi Islamic coalition was actually Islamic it would have stated its goals to liberate Palestine” Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi reportedly said “and help the people of Sham [Syria] and declared war against the Rafida [Shiites]. If it were Islamic atheistic China wouldn’t have joined it.”
- Palestine was also a focus when al-Baghdadi threatened to wage war against Israel.
- “God caused the Jews of the world to gather in Israel, and the war against them has become easy. It is the obligation of every Muslim to carry out Jihad" he said, according to The Jerusalem Post.
- "Jews, you will not enjoy in Palestine. God has gathered you in Palestine so that the Mujahadeen can reach you soon and you will hide by the rock and the tree. Palestine will be your graveyard.”
- The threats against Israel mark a departure in the rhetoric of the Islamic State, which, although it has always been deeply anti-Semitic, has not focused on Israel until now. It remains to be seen when and how ISIS will change its actions to fit with the new rhetoric.
- ISIS is losing ground in Iraq, with an Iraqi government offensive seemingly poised to complete the capture of Ramadi, the capital of Anbar province.
- Shifting the focus to Israel may be an attempt to gain much needed legitimacy in the eyes of the Arab street. ISIS has been criticized for failing to attack Israel in the past, leading to nonsensical conspiracy theories that the group is in fact armed and controlled by Israel in order to discredit Islam and kill Muslims.
“This threat against Israel is simply a lie. Actually, Daesh (ISIS) is part of the Israeli soldiers,” said the 72-year-old cleric.
- He also said that the newly formed Islamic Military Alliance will defeat Daesh (the so called IS). He slammed Daesh, describing it as part of the Israeli army.
- In a telephone talk with Okaz/Saudi Gazette, Asheikh said that the members of Daesh are doing a great harm to Islam and Muslims.
- “They cannot be considered as followers of Islam. Rather, they are an extension of Kharijites, who rose in revolt against the Islamic caliphate for the first time by labeling Muslims as infidels and permitting their bloodletting.”
- Referring to a recent threat by Daesh leader against Israel, the grand mufti said: “This threat against Israel is simply a lie. Actually, Daesh is part of the Israeli soldiers.”
The mufti also dismissed the seriousness of the threat declared by self-proclaimed Islamic State caliphAbu Bakr al-Baghdadi. If the Islamic State was serious, Al-Asheikh said, they would be “killing Jews and liberating Palestine.”
He labeled the Islamic State were heretics and doing damage to Islam and Muslims.
Al-Asheikh is chairman of the Senior Scholars’ Commission and Ifta Council in Saudi Arabia. He descends directly from Muhammad Ibn Abd al Wahhab, the founder of the extremist Wahhabi Islam practiced in Saudi Arabia.
“The Al Sheikh family is the theological equivalent of the Saud family,” writes Bruce Reidel, director of the Intelligence Project of the Brookings Institute. “Abdulaziz was appointed Grand Mufti in 1999 by King Fahd. He wields enormous authority.”
Reidel adds, “Both the Mufti's remarks and al-Baghdadi's illustrate that Israel remains the hot button issue in the Kingdom. If you want to smear your enemy, label him a stooge of Israel.”
Lets hope his age has gained him wisdom.
What am I saying!!